“Muy A Gusto” Salsa
· 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
· 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunts Petite Diced Tomato (or 4 or 5 fresh tomatoes, diced)
· 4 cloves Garlic
· ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
· 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
· 1 Medium Sweet Onion (Walla-Walla or Vidalia)
· 3 Jalapeño peppers (or, if you like it HOT, 2 Jalapeños and 1 or more Habañeros)
· ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 bunch fresh Cilantro
· Pinch of ground sage
· Pinch of mace
· 1 teaspoon instant Beef Bullion granules
· Salt and pepper
Remove stems and seeds from peppers and finely dice 2 Jalapeños. Reserve the other pepper(s). (it makes it a bit easier if you have some latex gloves to wear while chopping).
Crush the cloves of garlic.
Finely dice the onion.
Finely chop the cilantro.
Empty one can tomato sauce in food processor or blender, add the garlic and reserved pepper(s). blend until smooth.
Empty all ingredients into mixing bowl and stir well.
If salsa has too much bitterness, add a little more salt (I usually add about a teaspoon)